Being able to keep your customers happy and retaining them will give you a competitive advantage.
How to Build Customer Loyalty
Building customer loyalty is one of the keys to a successful business. Nowadays, it’s more expensive to lose a client than look for and sign a new one.
So, companies across all industries need to step up their game and make sure they offer an outstanding service to keep their customers coming back. And that includes every single channel and touch point they use to interact with the brand.
Let’s explore some tips on building customer loyalty over the phone and becoming your client’s preferred brand.
Define your customer's journey when contacting you
The customer journey begins with the first phone call. But it extends well beyond that. To gain and retain clients, you need to make a good impression every time they interact with your brand.
A good practice to build customer loyalty involves mapping a clear and well-defined customer journey that covers every interaction —from the initial contact all the way to conversion and repurchase.
To do so, you should follow these steps:
- Define your buyer persona.
It’s impossible to create a customer journey without a clear grasp of who your customer is.
- Understand your customer’s goals and pain points. To better serve your customers, you need to know what they want to achieve and what’s stopping them from doing so. That way, you’ll be able to provide services that quickly solve their problems.
- Map out each buyer touchpoint. Once you know who your customers are, what they want, and what they need to achieve that, you must find out how and when they get in touch with your brand. Do they call you to ask discovery questions about your services? Or do they call you when their minds are made up?
All this information will allow you to leverage those touchpoints to provide an outstanding service every time a customer gets in touch with you.
Brands typically place a lot of focus on their pre-sales services to convert leads into clients. But isn’t it better to convert existing clients into loyal ones?
With a well-defined after-sales strategy, companies can nurture the relationship they already have with their customers, make sure they are satisfied with the services offered, and boost customer loyalty. Also, after-sales services allow companies to identify up-selling and cross-selling opportunities.
Here are some actionable ideas to offer excellent after-sales service:
- Call your clients, ask them for feedback and make them feel heard.
- Reach out to them to say “thank you” and show your appreciation.
- Offer them continued support and outstanding customer service if any issues arise with the product or service they purchased.
- Send them discount codes or exclusive offers.
Facilitate the process
Building loyalty and providing excellent after-sales service can be pretty challenging, especially when all this needs to be done over the phone, which remains one of customers’ preferred communication channels.
However, with a phone answering service, you can ensure your customers are well taken care of and receive an outstanding service across their entire journey, even after the sale is made. Contact Easybee and discover how a virtual receptionist can help you boost customer loyalty.